Why study applied anthropology at Missouri State?
- Applied anthropology is the fastest growing area in anthropology today.
- Missouri State offers one of just a few applied programs in the country and the only one in the state of Missouri.
- Faculty are actively engaged in research projects across the country and globe, including the Ozarks region; African American, Latino and Native American communities in the U.S.; as well as communities in West Africa, Jamaica and Mexico. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our faculty on their research projects.
- We are committed to preparing you for a professional career as a practicing anthropologist. Our program focuses on transferable skills for the workplace such as project design, field and lab research, quantitative analysis, computer applications, proposal and report writing, and public speaking.
- Courses are offered in the afternoon and evening to provide scheduling flexibility for working professionals.